Current.com is a leading alternative banking provider that offers a range of affordable and accessible solutions to US citizens. Built upon custom-built banking technology, Current has rapidly expanded its customer base and currently serves over 2 million American citizens.
- Managing of creative teams and dedicated pre-production, production and post-production management
- Creative ideation using Wooshii’s creative pool and internal network
Scripting, storyboarding and style framing
- Sourcing and purchasing of props and wardrobe
- Custom set build on new technology LED Screen and model characters Post-Production, editing, sound, 3D Modelling, animation, music & colour grade
- Casting, recording and delivering professional acting on screen
- LED Screen Wall Production Studio
Current reached out to the Wooshii sales team in October 2020, in search of a creative production agency to support their end-of-year advertising campaign.
They had worked with several advertising agencies in the past and were looking for fresh creative concepts that could engage with their target market and increase their customer base.
When discussing the project brief, Current outlined several key agency selection criteria which included:
- Innovative concept development
- Using research and data analysis to inform the creative concept(s)
- Speed of production and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility in production workflow and approvals
In response to the brief, we presented three different creative concepts, along with multiple variants of each creative. Working collaboratively with the Current marketing team we carried out concept testing via an online survey of their target market, which in turn guided the creative direction and CTA’s for the campaign.
We shot this production using a studio LED wall (the very same used on the TV show The Mandalorian) which allowed us to utilise two different sets (day and night) and two different actors, all in one 12-hour production day. By using this technology and not a traditional green screen, we were not only able to get a great new look, but we saved on production and post-production cost and time. The LED screen also assisted the director and actor’s performance by creating an immersive experience, allowing them to visualise the scene.
When switching the set from day to night, we did not need to make any drastic changes to lighting either, because the LED screens gave off great light and temperatures to fit the setting. Overall, we utilised the LED wall studio to give the commercial a unique cutting-edge look, while at the same time optimising our budget and timeline.
Current was very pleased with the production process and overall quality of creative output. We are now looking forward to planning the next ad campaign and developing new creative concepts to further increase market share.
- 2 x 30 second TV commercials
- 2 x 15 second social media commercial