It’s no secret that AI is taking over the world – or at least trying to. From Siri giving us sass, to Alexa eavesdropping on our conversations, AI is quickly becoming a regular household tool. And let’s not forget about video marketing. AI is shaking things up in this field, making us question if we even need human creativity anymore…
Pros of using AI in Video Marketing:
- Personalisation: AI algorithms can analyse the behaviour and preferences of individual users, allowing marketers to create highly personalised video content that is relevant and engaging. This leads to higher engagement rates and improved conversions. Bring on the personalised love letters!
- Efficiency: Say goodbye to working overtime and hello to Netflix binges. AI can automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks, freeing up time and resources for marketers to focus on more creative and strategic initiatives. This results in a more efficient and streamlined work process.
- Data-driven insights: AI algorithms can analyse vast amounts of data, providing marketers with valuable insights into customer behaviour, preferences, and trends. This enables them to make informed decisions and create more effective campaigns.
- Chatbots like ChatGPT: Chatbots are becoming increasingly popular in video marketing as they can interact with customers in real-time, answering their questions and providing helpful information. This leads to improved customer engagement and satisfaction, (plus, chatbots never take a day off or complain about their workload).
Cons of using AI in Video Marketing:
- Lack of human touch: Although AI can automate many tasks, it lacks the human touch and creativity that is essential for creating engaging and impactful video content. So, no more tear-jerking ads or heartwarming stories.
- Potential for bias: AI algorithms are only as good as the data they are trained on, and if the data contains biases, the algorithms will also be biased. This can result in unfair or discriminatory outcomes. Robot discrimination, no thanks?
- High costs: Implementing AI technology in video marketing can be expensive, and requires significant investment in hardware, software, and human resources.
- Technical challenges: AI is a complex technology that requires specialised skills and expertise to implement and maintain. This can be a challenge for marketers who may not have the technical knowledge or resources to fully utilise AI in their work.
Despite the cons, the benefits of using AI in video marketing cannot be ignored. With the right approach, marketers can harness the power of AI to create more personalised, efficient, and data-driven campaigns. Here are a few tips on how to adapt to the AI revolution in video marketing:
- Invest in training: Make sure you have the necessary skills and knowledge to fully leverage AI in your work. This can be achieved through training programs, workshops, and online courses.
- Collaborate with experts: Work with AI experts who can help you implement and maintain AI technology in your work. This can help ensure that you are making the most of the technology and achieving your goals.
- Stay up-to-date: Stay informed about the latest AI and video marketing developments. Don’t be the last one jumping on the bandwagon.
We’ve all dabbled by now, and we understand AI in video marketing is a game-changer. According to recent studies, AI-powered video creation can increase efficiency by up to 50% and personalisation by up to 30%. Furthermore, videos that use AI have higher engagement rates and longer viewing times, with an average increase of 40%. This sounds mind-bogglingly amazing – however, implementing AI technology can be a technical and overwhelming process, especially for those without the proper skills and knowledge. This is where an expert video production agency can help. With their AI gurus and technical expertise, they can help you make the most of AI in your video marketing efforts, ensuring that you create memorable and engaging videos that will make your audience sit up and take notice.
Get in touch
Got a specific project in mind? Looking to change suppliers? Or perhaps you’re just after a bit of guidance on how to optimise your video marketing strategy? Chat to our team today and see how we can help.